|Game||Finn and the Swirly Spin|
|Bonus round||Yes (9)|
Finn and the Swirly Spin is a unique NetEnt slot. It plays on a 5-by-5 grid with cluster pays rather the usual paylines. This game has a wide range of thrilling bonuses like the base game features that trigger extra wilds, avalanche symbol destructions, and symbol transformations. At first, the game may be confusing, especially when you land a key, and it does not give you the highly coveted free spins.
This game is all about Irish luck and culture. Finn, the main character, is playing some tunes in the green hills of Ireland. The slot takes you to an incredible place with its magical theme and leprechauns and emeralds. Symbols you will encounter in this slot include the emeralds, leaf clovers, lucky horseshoes, rubies and acorns.
How to play Finn and the Swirly Spin
The cluster pay mechanics, 5×5 grid, and swirling pattern on the reels for adding more thrill into the game is quite impressive. You can play this slot from any device (PC or mobile) for as little as 10p to £200 per spin.
Symbols and bonuses to look out for:
The rubies are the most valuable symbol on this slot, and they reward you 50 times your total stake upon landing 5 of them on an active payline. The star is the wild symbol to watch. If you make a win consisting the wild star, it explodes and consumes all the symbols on the same row or column, thus helping you make even more wins.
This game also uses a spin mechanic, where the game plays out on a 5×5 grid with 25 spaces (which translates to 25 symbols). The symbols are independent of each other, and a win is in order if you get 3 or more matching symbols on a horizontal or vertical line. The avalanche feature is triggered when you make such a winning combination, where the existing symbols are destroyed, and others fall from the other spaces to fill the vacant ones.
Other random features that make this slot highly lucrative include:
- Dragon destroy random feature: destroys some random symbols on your reels, triggering an avalanche
- Starfall wilds random: adds 2-5 wild symbols to the reels
- Magic Transform Random: transforms all space or heart symbols into higher paying symbols
- Irish luck random feature: Horizontal/vertical line of a specific symbol will give you a prize
The Key scatter symbol is associated with the free spins, and if it appears in the middle of the grid after avalanches have taken place, you get to enjoy the free mode feature. There are several free spins packages to choose from:
- Star bar free spins: requires one key to unlock and comes with 7-star bar free spins and 2-5 wilds on every spin
- Lava lair free spins: 4 keys needed to unlock; 3 lava lair free spins, and an avalanche event. A sticky wild will also replace the key symbol.
- Lucky mug free spins: needs 9 keys to unlock, and you get 4 lucky mug free spins, plus one horizontal or vertical line with one type of symbol for guaranteed wins.
- Golden pot free spins: activated by 16 keys, and earns you 2 free spins plus the transformation of heart and space symbols into higher paying symbols.
Finn and the Swirly Spin is one of the most intuitive slots in the market. Its graphics and storyline are unique, and so is its general appearance. It is a middle-variance game with plenty of opportunities to rake in some decent wins.